Emily

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Babies and New Shoes



After our bike ride on Sunday, we had some friends over for an early dinner with their 6 month old twins. We hadn't seen the boys since shortly after they were born, so it was fun to see how much they had changed. You can see Emily checking them out in the top picture. Emily was interested in them and kept saying "baby," but didn't try to interact too much with them. I held one of the boys on my lap for a bit at the end of dinner while Emily was playing on the floor and she did not want me to do that. She came over and put her hands up and made it very clear that she wanted up on Mommy, even though she usually would much rather play on the floor. She was happy to share her toys, but not her mommy.



Emily got new shoes. Again! Her first pair of adorable white sandals were getting pretty small so we went to the store and got her first pair of Crocs! They are so cute on her. I wasn't ready for a pair of sneakers since we still have at least a month left of summer. And these will be great to wear with socks as the weather gets cooler, also. Emily took a few minutes checking them out when we tried them on at the store, but then finally figured that they were ok to walk in. She loves them now. Even when we bought them, the lady gave her the bag and there was no getting it away from her. We'll need to look out, she's already developing a love of shopping! They sometimes fall off of her feet when we carry her, but she loves to walk in them and seems to be pretty comfortable.

Yesterday morning while Emily and I were still both in our pj's, she brought me my shoes from near the door, then brought me her new shoes to wear, and then a few minutes later she brought me her hat to help her put on. I don't know where she thought we would go, but we both had shoes on and she had a hat. I think Emily will be a big fan of playing dress up in the next couple of years!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    I think Emily is ready for an outing, when she brings in the shoes and hat. She definitely likes getting dressed up. The purple crocs are cute.
    Love,
    Grandma

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Jill said…

    Love the new crocs. How cute. Looks like you all have had a fun month!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home