Emily

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mommy's Birthday

I was lucky enough to be off of school for MLK, Jr day this year. Emily helped me open all of my presents. She was so excited about them, she didn't even care that the stuff inside wasn't for her and was of little interest to an almost 2 year old. Here are a bunch of pictures of Emily helping me open up my gifts.

For my cake, I had a trial run of the Elmo cake that we are going to try to make for Emily's birthday. Emily's will have the icing filled in a bit neater, but this was a test to see if we could get the shape of Elmo's head down and the relative design of the cake. We think it'll work out, but may have to do another test run when her birthday gets closer! Her cake will also have white icing instead of chocolate.













3 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jill said…

    Looks like your birthday was a fun time had by all! Elmo might need another practice run before Emily's bday but good job for this being your first one. It will be like our Cookie Monster cake that Mom made for me!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emily, you are the best helper opening gifts. Mommy was lucky to have your help. As for the Elmo cake, we loved it! Think it is best with the chocolate icing as it gives more dimension than the white icing. We're excited to be celebrating your birthday with you and having Elmo cake.

    Love,
    Grandy & Poppy

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Larissa said…

    Happy Birthday Susan!! The Elmo cake looks pretty good for the 1st try.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home