Emily

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Emily's Funnies

Emily has continued to have several funny things that she says that amaze us by how funny they are or how great her memory is.

I threw a baby shower for Jill. As various preparations were underway, Emily would ask what things were for and I said Aunt Jill's baby shower. Emily asked if there would be a bath, too and if it was in the bathroom. I think she understands better now that it has passed.

For the shower, I made Jill a diaper cake. It looks like a 3 layer cake, but is made entirely of diapers and isn't edible. Tonight, Emily pretended to bake cakes (Greg's birthday was yesterday and she helped bake his cake). When I pretended to eat my piece I asked her if it was birthday cake. She said that my piece was birthday cake, but hers was diaper cake.

Here is a picture of the diaper cake if you're curious.


Emily's memory continues to astound us. We had her friend, Sophia, over one night in October for a little date night babysitting exchange. I made enchiladas for dinner and Sophia didn't like them. It hasn't come up in conversation since then, but on Tuesday night we had enchiladas again for the first time since then. Emily sat down to eat them and very matter of factly said "Sophia doesn't like 'chiladas. They're too spicy for her. Sophia had other dinner." We couldn't believe that she remembered that from so long ago.

Emily went even further back with her memory. Earlier this week Emily was washing her hands after using the potty and she asked about her little potty. It's been put away for ages, probably sometime this summer we put it in the attic. I told Em that she doesn't use it anymore and she said that her little potty has bears on it. I told her that she was silly and then thought for a moment. It did have bears on it. Then she said that it only has one bear which is exactly true, one bear in the center. It just floored me and Greg that she remembered that from such a long time ago. And again, something that we never talk about. Of course, when I told Greg about it, he remembered right away that her little potty had a bear on it. I suppose she is taking after her daddy with his stellar memory.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jill said…

    I love the way a 2 year olds mind works. The baby shower in the bathroom and eating the diaper cake make complete sense :)

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Emily, love all the cute stories about you as you figure out the world around you.

    Love,
    Grandy & Poppy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home