Emily

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shoes, books, and toys

Emily decided that my brown shoes look much better with her dress than her brown shoes do...

And, what big feet you have, Miss Emily!

Emily and I chilling on the couch. We had been reading. Emily is wearing her pj's because she had a birthday party to go to in the morning (this was Saturday) and it was a pajama party! Emily got to get dressed out of her jammies that she slept in into these that she could wear shoes with. She thought that was pretty cool and had a great time at the party. She is wearing her stethoscope to check on the baby. It is one of her favorite things to do. She lifts up my shirt, puts the stethoscope on my belly and then tells me that my belly is icky and gets a blanket to clean it up with. At the doctor's office, which she has been to with me multiple times, she knows that the doctor puts a gel on my stomach to listen to the baby. She pays so much attention!



Emily playing with her tools. In these pictures, she and Greg were building her big girl bed. She also really likes to "fix" the work helmet that came with the set. Though, if the helmet needs fixing, that might be a bigger issue! She's hard at work, though! We had this set out when we had a few nursery school friends over yesterday. 2 other girls and 2 boys, so I brought Emily's train and tools downstairs. The girls all had a field day with the tools, the boys barely touched them. These girls will be able to show the boys a thing or 2 in a few years!

As a side note, when I brought the tools and train set downstairs, I must have said that we needed to bring some boy toys down for the boys to play with. After Emily and I went out afterward, the bins were sitting on the floor to go upstairs. Emily said "We need to bring the boy toys back up, Mommy!" I thought that was pretty funny!


2 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Jill said…

    Emily looks adorable in her heart jammies. I can only imagine how much fun that was for her to get to go out in them. I love all the stories of Emily playing!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jessica 7 said…

    It's always good to know how to use those boy toys. When you grow up, you end up doing a lot of the fixing yourself!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home