Emily

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Monday in Boston

Hats in the morning!


On the swan boat

The frog at the playground

Hat at bedtime

Emily started out Monday morning in Boston with both Greg's and my Red Sox hats on her head while still in her pj's. She must have known that we were on Boston and wanted to be a local. Greg needed to spend all day at his conference, so after she had her morning nap, she and I left on the T for the Museum of Science. We managed on the T quite well by ourselves. Emily didn't mind the subway at all and really liked to look at people until they looked at her and and then she would put her thumb in her mouth and bury her head in me. She made lots of "friends" on the subway and had lots of people waving hi to her. At the Museum of Science, I realized that I could get in for free since I'm a teacher and Emily was free since she's so young that it was a very inexpensive museum for us to visit. We went to the Discovery Center which is for kids 0-8 and had a lot of hands on things to play with. They had a special area within that for kids younger than 5 so we spent some time in there. We looked at a couple of books, saw a really big (fake) beehive, played with plastic fish in a vat of water that simulated river currents, and did a lot of exploring. Once we left that area, we checked out the math exhibit in the main museum, but Emily wasn't impressed by it and it was too much for me to read with a squirmy kid, so we did a quick walk through of the exhibits near us and then were on our way. I brought lunch for Emily and fed it to her before we left the museum and she and I had a similar ride back on the T as we had coming.

She took a good nap back at the hotel and after that we packed ourselves up in the stroller again and started walking towards a park that had been recommended to me as being good for toddlers. When we got to the park (30 minutes of walking), it was closed for reconstruction. We kept going a few blocks to the Public Gardens and took a swan boat ride. Emily was relatively unimpressed by the boat because she had to sit down, but once she and I worked out a way for her to stand with me holding on, she had fun. We managed to catch the last boat ride of the day, so after that we walked around Boston Commons to the playground there. The playground was a bit big for Emily and was geared towards older kids, but Emily had fun. I had to get up and help her on everything, but it kept me moving. Greg came and met us at the playground when he finished his conference and we all went to dinner back near the hotel.

As Emily got ready for bed, she had to have my Red Sox hat on her head again. So, she started and ended her day with the hats!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Jill said…

    I think you need to read to Emily the book called "Hats for Sale." Or at least I think that's what the book is called. Looks like you all had a lot of fun in Boston.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home